As we continue to see the spread of the Coronavirus and as we continue to monitor the recommendations of our federal and local leaders, the Leadership Team at Beacon of Hope Community Church is trying to be wise in our response.
Our desire is to both serve and communicate the love of Christ to our community while also protecting people from the spread of this highly contagious virus. Following the guidelines that are given to us by our Governor and the President of the United States, as well as the leadership of our denomination, we moved all of our services online for 10 weeks during this crisis. After an initial few weeks in the Red Phase of re-opening the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Allegheny County is now in the Green Phase, so we have relaxed some of our previous positions.
We chose to cancel in-person services because we love you enough not to put you at risk. While I am thankful for the technology that has allowed us to offer our service via Facebook Live (facebook.com/beaconnaz) and through the livestream on our website (beaconnaz.org/livestream), I am painfully aware that watching worship on your TV, computer, tablet, or phone is NOT the same as in person worship and fellowship that is so vitally important for our spiritual well-being and growth!
Here is our plan, now that Allegheny County is in the green phase of re-opening. Please note that any plan we make is subject to change as we are given guidance from the CDC, as well as the Federal and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania governments. Our plan at the current time is as follows:
1. We will be continuing our in-person worship services each Sunday morning at 10:40 AM with the following restrictions:
a. We have limited the seating, and have separated seats in order to allow for physical distancing while in the worship center.
b. We are requesting that only people who are physically distancing together (family units) should sit in a single section of seats.
c. Everyone 2 years of age and up will need to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose anytime you are away from your seat and anytime you are singing, unless a legitimate physical disability makes it dangerous to do so. If you forget your mask, a mask will be provided.
d. Physical distancing will be enforced. Please allow one another a minimum of 6 feet unless you live in the same household. This would mean that we will refrain from shaking hands and hugging for the time being. Air hugs are encouraged!
e. We have provided a thermometer in order to check temperatures upon arrival - anyone with a fever over 100.0 will be asked to leave.
f. We will NOT be passing offering plates. They will be on pedestals in the rear of the worship area or you may continue to give at tithe.ly, or by sending a check to the church.
g. There will be no printed bulletin: please go to faithlife.com/beaconnaz and sign-up for the faithlife app to access our digital bulletin and receive digital newsletters.
2. We will NOT be meeting in-person for Life Groups (Sunday School,) or Sunday evening Care Ministries. Prayer Meeting will resume on Wednesday, June 17th with all wearing masks and remaining physically distanced.
Thank you for your support and your understanding during this tremendously difficult and confusing time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call [(740) 584-8721] or contact me by email (email@example.com.)
You are loved!
· If you are a person in the high risk category and cannot get out to purchase any needed groceries, supplies, or essentials, please contact Pastor Greg at 740-584-8721. We will see to it that these items are purchased and someone from the church will deliver to your home.
The church is much more than a building, and this unprecedented time has underlined that truth in all of our lives. I believe that this will be a time remembered as when many came to know Christ while watching and participating from a distance. Take this time as we physically distance to socially connect in new (and old) ways. Whether it is through FaceTime, a phone call, or a Zoom meeting, let's do all we can to stay safe while connecting with those we love.
Thank you for your understanding and we ask that you join us in prayer during this time.
Please pray for:
1. Our leaders (both denominationally and secular) locally, nationally and globally in this challenging time.
2. For the spread of this virus to be halted, and the tragic consequences to be diminished.
3. For those most at risk ("the least of these") that they may be protected physically and economically.
4. For personal opportunities to let the light and hope of Jesus shine through you during this time.
5. For your church as we seek to make wise decisions and be used by Jesus during this crisis.
We will continue to update you through email and social media. Please don't hesitate to call or email if we can help you.
YOU ARE LOVED!